Sunday, April 10, 2011

Paying It Forward - Naturally Speaking

Have you ever had a promising hobby or talent that developed into a passion? Were you ever so lucky to have that passion manifest into a money making situation/a business/a career? Well, that's how OOPS came into fruition (give or take a few details). So when I see the same thing happening for someone else, I can't help but get excited.

Especially if that someone is my mommy [aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww]. 

Yup, she's developed a thing for photography and since she was right there with an oil painting kit when I showed an interest in Bob Ross at the age of 7, it's only right that I support her in the same way now. 

We often toss ideas back and forth about the creative things going on in our lives. One of our talks revealed her thoughts on starting a greeting card line using her photography. She even came up with a name. 

She came up with a name, I came up with a logo.

When she decided to create a blog, I figured she needed a customized background for it. When she kept up with that blog, I decided to do this ...

Business cards using some of her favorite images.





and this ...

A hand crafted book of some of her most successful photoshoots.








Please note that the logo on the front of this book cover doesn't match anything else (it's missing the little humming bird at the end) because I started working on/printing it before mom dukes showed me the picture that changed everything ...

The hummingbird shot. This angle doesn't do it justice though.








This angle doesn't do it justice either. You should probably just buy a print or the book when it's available  ;)


Please note the fact that this is a hard cover book that I wrapped, stitched and bound by hand. I then printed a nice glossy matching jacket with her bio and everything. Yes, I had to make it extra official looking to help inspire her to keep going with it. 

To help inspire her even MORE, I told her that she was going to have to work with me to create her website (coming soon to a browser near you at www.naturallyspeakingphoto.com) in order to eventually promote/sell cards, books, calendars, screensavers, wallpapers, gifts, trinkets and things of that nature. I'm only going to take 75% of each sale until all the work I put in is paid off!!! Nice, right? I knooooow. What can I say, she deserves it. 

Love you mommy! Pay It Forward, ok babe?!?!?! Muah!! 

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE THE BEST DAUGHTER EVER!!!!

    Your plan worked, I now have all of these ideas flying thru my head. I have to write them down as they come to mind there are so many. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Love Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete